Muriwai Walk Tour From Either Colville or Coromandel Townships
- On a tighter time frame perhaps but still keen to explore the Northern Coromandel?
- Rental vehicle unable to travel on the gravelly roads north of Colville?
- Arriving on the ferry, staying a couple of days and looking for something to do?
Consider the Muriwai Walk at Port Jackson, with its stunning views over the lively Colville Channel to Great Barrier and Beyond. Three kilometres of formed walk along a stunning ridge line that is certainly worth seeing. Pass by the former location of Wharekaiatua Pa and out along the glorious Port Jackson beach. Enjoy a picnic on the beach or perhaps venture in for a refreshing swim.
This super scenic tour departs from Coromandel Town at 11.30 a.m. or Colville at 12.30 p.m. and travels along the western, coastal route beside the island studded Hauraki Gulf. Explore the iconic village of Colville with its historic General Store, Art Galleries, Cafe and unique Himalaya Shop (some seasonal hours may apply).
Your guide will provide you with an informative commentary on the history, geology and ecology of the area, plus Maori legends and local gossip.
The Tour returns over the same route arriving in Coromandel Town between 5-6pm. This allows you ample time to dine at one of town's delicious restaurants.
- Adults: 16yrs+ $99 per person ex Coromandel Town or $69 per person ex Colville.
- Minimum two adult passengers required.
- Children: 7-15yrs $59.
- Bring with you your swimsuit and towel, insect repellent, sunscreen, sunhat, warm clothes, walking shoes and your camera.
- Lunch and snacks available from Colville.
- Returns 5-6 p.m. Bookings essential.
- This walk can at times be weather and tide dependant.